Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happiness - Ambition

Everybody deserves to be happy, and there’s no exception to it. It is what we usually call the human’s rights. Am I happy? Is this what I want? People often ask themselves those questions and yet realized, that they’re not happy enough. Strikethrough. They’re not satisfied enough. People work so hard to pursue their dreams, get a job, getting laid, this, that, these, those, all sort of things.

I am pretty sure as whoever read this must’ve been told that one of human’s basic natures is that human is never satisfied. When they reach level 10, they wanna reach level 15. When they reach level 15, they go for 20. So and so forth. It is good at work to be so, gives some competitive environment, but at some level, it is also a stupid act leading to various miseries.

Ambition is what makes a human human. They have ambition, to pursue their happiness, or satisfaction? Such thin line that differentiates them, causes us to go for what we don’t really want. I have ambition myself: When I graduate I want to have a steady job, nice income, and I want to have a place of my own. This is my dream, when I reach it, I’ll be happy. But when I do get steady work, let’s say I become an animator at Disney’s Pixar studio (dreaming is allowed!), there must be people who fight for themselves for the very same reason as I would do: position. This is no happiness we’re pursuing, but rather ambition.
I really pray for God not to let me be in that kind of situation. I know I might’ve been a wee bit too religious lately (which might let people hate me) but I don’t really have a friend to talk to (I know so sad). My buddy left me without reasons; my BFF is so very busy pursuing her own dreams. I, on the other hand might seem a little bit absent about pursuing this and that, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have my ambition. It’s just after so long I ‘m looking for it, I always end up in a very very bad situation which I honestly say, I’m still trapped into.

So there’s my whining, and please don’t send any sympathetic comments.

No comments: